Click here to submit your Grant Application
Guidelines for Grant Applications
Thank you for your interest in a grant from the Woody and Gayle Hunt Family Foundation. We require all applicants to be members of GuideStar by Candid to be considered for funding. The Foundation utilizes this service for verification of all compliance documents. If an applicant is not a member of GuideStar, the grant application will likely be declined.
Before an applicant is considered, proof is required that the applicant has a current exempt classification as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), and that it is considered "not a private foundation" within the meaning of section 509(a) of the IRC.
The geographic areas of interest to the Foundation are in the Borderplex region:
- El Paso, Texas
- Southern New Mexico
- Juárez, Mexico
The Foundation will consider grant applications from locations outside of this region, if they have a direct impact and help elevate the Borderplex region. Currently, the foundation is only accepting grant requests from previously supported organizations.
Charitable giving by the Foundation is primarily directed toward the following six areas:
- Arts & Local Heritage
- Economic Development
- Quality of Life Initiatives
- Elevating the Region at the State and National level
Grants are not awarded for religious purposes, political purposes, or to individuals.
As of January 2021, the following grant application deadlines apply:
- First-time applicants must submit the Grant Application between January 1 and April 15 of each year. The Foundation will make a decision by September 15. If approved, notification and funding will follow thereafter depending on the terms of the grant.
- Charitable organizations which have received grants from the Foundation within the prior two years of applying, may submit the Grant Application for consideration throughout the year.
Information required in the Grant Application
- Brief description of the organization and history
- List of Board of Directors, and senior staff members
- Specific amount needed, and payment structure if applicable
- Date of deadline for receipt of funds
- Purpose of funds (for operations, or project?), goals, etc.
- Project timeline
- Current operating budget and proposed project budget
- List of current and pending funding sources (with names and amounts)
- Amount of total Board of Directors contributions, and percentage of the Board members that have contributed to the organization
- Letter of determination dated no more than five years as of the grant application date